Thursday, July 3, 2014

Interested Parties Blog Hop

This week Viva Carlos asks, what made you interested in your current horse that lead you to buying them in the first place?

The background story is that I owned a mare that was sold to me as great with beginners. And she probably was in a lesson program or in lunge lessons. But for me, who spent almost a year with nary a trainer, things just spiraled, got a little better with the move to my current barn, and then worse again. My sensitive mare, Smudge, wouldn't put up with my beginner antics anymore.

She was forward and leaned on my hands like a freight train. Did I mention we were only doing dressage? And she had a past career as a fantastic jumper? Well, I had my eye on jumping and it got to the point where I was afraid to canter on Smudge because she would just take off with me. And as such, there was no way she was going to teach me to jump. So, the search for the right mount ensued.

I went to my trusty dreamhorse.com - where I bought every horse I owned besides Smudge (craigslist). And it wasn't long (like a few weeks) before I found the ad, written just for me:


I took my horse friend with me and drove 3 hours to meet him. The instant I sat on him, I felt safe. SOLD. A vet check 4 days later and then he was home. Best purchase ever. I wouldn't trade this horse for the world.

6 comments:

  1. I love reading these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. Horses like Sam are so special. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Sam! And good tip on dreamhorse.com. I will be sure to check it out when my own horse purchasing time comes. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. He seems like he is perfect for you... and love that it worked out so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to go back to see pictures of him and oh my goodness he is adorable!!!! His ad would have sold me on him too hehe. He sounds perfect! I'm following your blog now. :)

    ReplyDelete