Here's my list of 2014 goals
- Post the trot for 5 minutes, walk break, post for 5 more minutes
- Reliable left to right flying change
- School a course of all 2’6” jumps
- Show locally, hunters 2’6”
- Jump 24” bareback (with pad) and bridle-less, neck rope ok
Where am I at?
1. Haven't really been working on this at all. Mostly because it's the most boring thing ever, but I really should get on it since I'd like to ultimately 2point for 5 mins straight.
2. ACCOMPLISHED!! YES! So excited!
3. I have actually jumped 2'6" but only a single. I've been busy working on other areas the last few months, so next week I'll start stringing some together. I haven't shown this year and we'll see how the schooling goes before I consider showing in Aug or October.
4. ACCOMPLISHED!! Not only have I jumped 25", but I've also now done it bareback and bridle-less - in just a rope halter/lead. Last week I also jumped in just a neck rope and no bareback pad, but only like 18" - Sam was slippery ;)
5. Yeah... in the last two months I've put back on 1/2 the weight I lost since October time. :/ Drastic changes must occur as it is still viable for me to lose 35lbs in 5 months. Heck, I'd feel accomplished at 20lbs lighter. Must get motivated!
|Gratuitous photo of my girl, River, from yesterday.|