Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Favorite Tack - Photo Challenge Day 13

Favorite piece of tack

This one was the hardest to picture to take. It wasn't an easy decision picking a favorite. But the more I thought about it over the last few weeks, the more I came to decide on the SmartPak Harwich Padded Fancy Stitch Bridle

It was cheap (I got mine for $125 new on ebay), it smells and feels like real leather - unlike some high end plastic-y coated brands (*cough*Vespucci*cough*) and it just takes a lickin' and stays wonderful. 

I school all year in this bridle, rain or shine, going on 2 years now. I'm not very nice to it as far as keeping it clean. I'm sure I keep it cleaner then a lot of people's tack, but not as much as my higher end tack.

The only thing I don't like about it is that padded noseband is IMO, too wide for Sam, but that's just because he has a wedge head with big cheeks and short nose. Which is why I show in a non-padded 1/2" wide noseband bridle, haha!

Anyway, it's my most used piece of tack, because I use it riding under saddle or bareback. :)

SmartPak Harwich FTW

1 comment: