Monday, August 4, 2014

Jumping up, new PR

I had a great jump lesson a week ago Saturday and we worked on my landings not being so disconnected with higher jumps. I caught on pretty quick - must keep hands at withers. Which in my case, is FAR FAR away because Sam's head is set pretty low.

During the week we easily popped over a 2'8" oxer - a new oxer height for me. 

So this Saturday's lesson was more of the same, plus higher jumps. Husband came out to watch and record for me. I do love video because I really get to see what I'm not feeling. Like I can clearly see that chicken wings are back and I haven't quite solved the leg slippage riddle. But my landings are much, much improved and I don't look as leaned over as I feel trying to ride around with my knuckles touching the withers ;)

Here's some still shots off the video, with the first one my new PR of 2'10".

2'10" - my new PR





7 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Is that a Kerrits shirt you are wearing? I really want one of their icefill shirts to try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is! It is fabulous. So lightweight - my friend says she feels naked when she wears hers, haha. And surprisingly, the netting-like fabric isn't snaggy like it would look to be. I love them, one of Kerrits best designs. I have 2.

      Delete
  2. Woohoo! Good job. Congrats on the PR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! Y'all look absolutely fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the PR - you guys look awesome!

    ReplyDelete